02 November 2009

And so it begins...

November 1, 2009

And so it begins…my life, living on the United States Coast Guard Cutter Midgett. I’ll be flying down to San Diego, California bright and early Tuesday morning to catch my boat! I am one of three other Coasties checking in on the Midgett, which is nice because I won’t be the only new person on board. I am getting all packed and ready to head out. I am excited, but nervous. God is sending me to the Midgett for a reason---to be His witness, bringing Him glory by what I say and do. This will be an amazing opportunity not only to gain invaluable life experience, see new places, and grow closer to the Lord, but also to be a missionary to the lost sinners aboard the Midgett. Pray for me…yes, pray for me.

God blessed me with another wonderful day at church, transshipping with fellow Believers and worshiping the Lord.

Precious Lord, I press on for You, through You, and in You
My heart may be weighed down with loneliness, weariness, and difficulties;
But You are the One who raises me up and carries me.
You care for me, love me, sustain me, and comfort me;
I may feel alone, but I am never alone. I may feel lost, but I am hidden in You. I may feel overwhelmed, but you are holding me by Your grace. I may feel like quitting, but Your hand keeps me on this path…Your faithfulness upholds me…Your grace sustains me…You are my all in all.

1 comment:

  1. My Dear Sara,
    My thoughts are with you today and I'm praying for you to see God's sustaining grace at work in your life today. The verse that continues to come to me is Psalm 91:4 "He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge, His faithfulness is a shield and a bulwark!" Yes, my daughter, I would desire to shelter you under my own wing...but our God has called you to come and find your shelter directly under His own wings...His wings that are so much more encompassing than my own...which have been around us both all these years already...and now you can taste His sweetness in even greater ways! Remember: your shield of protection and place to find shelter is dependent on HIS faithfulness!! He will never leave you, neither will He forsake you! Keep soaring Sara, you are under His wings! I love you! ma

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To