18 November 2009

Worship

November 16, 2009

Today was the start of another work week. I woke up bright and early, perhaps wishing I had had a few extra minutes to sleep, but ready to hit the day hard nonetheless. The Deck Force mustered in the Boatswains hole and then we began our day from 7am to 1pm. I did a whole lot of sanding…power tools are always fun to work with!

As I was sanding today, I was thinking about what a dull, boring, and mundane job I was doing. My life as a seaman---for however long that I’ll be here on the Midgett---will consist of sanding and painting and some more sanding. But my thoughts did not stop there…

As Believers we are to live every day worshiping the Lord…not just on Sunday at church, but everyday of the week in everything that we do. So as I sanded away, I was challenged to not just make it through my sanding and get through my workday and have it behind me, but to worship the Lord and enjoy Him as I sanded. Just because I am working does not mean I cannot delight and worship Christ, and in fact I should be worshiping Christ as I am working---whatever I do, I should be doing it unto the Lord in a heart of genuine worship.

Christ is my greatest treasure and if this is true it will reflect in the way I treat others, talk, act, think, and work. So today I was not just sanding---I was worshiping Jesus---and it made for an awesome work day. I may have been covered in dust, wearing funny-looking ear protection, and running a sander; but my heart was overflowing with joy from the Lord as I treasured worshiped Him.

So today do not just live life, getting by while dragging your feet along; but rather worship the Lord in whatever you are doing and glorify His name. Worship is not just singing to the Lord or going to church on Sunday, it is not always an exciting experience per se, but worship is pouring out one’s soul to the Lord day by day and step by step---treasuring Him and finding His love better than life. The smile turned heavenward during a difficult task, the heart quietly rejoicing in the Lord through turmoil, and the weary soul waiting in hope for the Lord are all ways we worship throughout the day. May your work place be transformed as You not only work but worship the Lord in all that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To