05 November 2009

Fixed On The Son # 3

Fixed on the Sun~
November 3, 2009

As I sit in this airplane flying to San Diego, my thoughts turn to the adventure before me, my prayer and aim is to learn as much as I can, experience as much as I can (while honoring Christ), and grow closer to God through it all. He’s placed me here for a reason---so I’m going to sit back and enjoy the ride (thank goodness for seat belts---or I’d probably jump out! Just kidding!) knowing God is taking me where I need to be. I plan to make the most of every moment and not waste a second of it.

I fix my eyes on Christ---sometimes clouds get in the way, but my gaze must remain fixed heavenward. I joined the Coast Guard because I wanted to do something hard and I was telling my dad the other day, “I am realizing more and more that doing hard things is HARD.” Funny but so true. Living for Christ is hard, but worth it. You can’t give up even when the going gets rough---when things get rough that is good. It means you’re on the right path.

So press on with me today…whatever God may be teaching you, embrace it. If it burns---let it burn. If it hurts---then let it hurt. Turn the suffering of the moment into rejoicing for all time, turn your pain to praise, and know that if you are focused on heaven nothing can be too difficult to bear in Christ’s strength.

I write these thoughts to my own heart because I struggle staying the course that God has placed me upon. I hurt so I want to quit, the way gets hard so I want to find a new way, but God is faithful when I am faithless. I press on in His strength and help He continually fills my heart with joy beyond my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To