15 November 2009

Not Home Yet

November 14, 2009

Today has been tough, and I have struggled fighting for joy in Jesus Christ. My desire and longing is to be completely satisfied in Christ, but it is a struggle and battle that is not easy to fight. I have been missing my family a whole lot lately and finding it hard to press on in my new life on the Midgett. At times things seem so dark and cloudy and the beauty of sunshine and light seem to have disappeared.

God is not absent though even when I feel discouraged. No, He is right here at my side, carrying me through every difficulty. He knows that this is best and He loves me enough to put me through tough experiences so that I come closer to Him.

So right now as my heart feels heavy and burdened, I quietly submit to God’s will and surrender my longings for home and familiarity for the road that God has deemed best. I press on for His glory not my comfort. He shall sustain me and uphold me. In my weakness His strength will be seen, in my sadness His joy will be made known, and in my loneliness His friendship will become ever dearer to my heart. He is my all in all---He is my treasure. May I live these short moments of life in light of eternity. I am not home yet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sara, just got done reading all your posts from the time you left San Diego for Seattle--what an adventure you are living. This is all the makings for a great book someday. God will continue to show Himself faithful to you and through the tough days and the good He will be your "all in all". I understand a bit of what it is to not be able to get home--once I reported in to my first duty station in Kodiak I was not able to come home for 18 months. I just didn't have the money or the time saved up to make the trip. But God faithfully preserved me and when I did get home it was sure a great 31 days or so. I almost felt like a civilian again. You hang in there and be faithful to the tasks God has set before you and who knows what surprises He may have in store for you. I love you sweetie. And keep writing--it is great stuff--really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sara, i'm working on reading your posts. they are excellent. i am praying for you in this time. i am learning that singing and worship is absolutely essential in the fight for joy. sing FOR joy, for the purpose of obtaining God's joy. I love you, am proud of you, and am praying for you. Mark

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To