15 November 2009

Heavy Blessings

November 13, 2009

Today I was thinking and wondering how Christians should deal with disappointment in a way that honors and glorifies Christ. I know we all face disappointments in some shape or form and I am sure we would all agree that we do not like them. However, even though we do not enjoy disappointments how can we respond to them so that God is glorified the most?

I was thinking about this today because I had some disappointments myself---a big one and a little one. My big disappointment is the coming realization that Christmas is coming soon and I am 99.9% sure that I will not be able to come home for Christmas. I am going to miss out on seeing my two brothers who are in the Army, I will miss seeing my other little siblings, my parents, and my church family. So I was thinking and wondering how to deal with this disappointment in a godly way.

I came to the conclusion that I have to remember that God is the one in control of every day of my life---He’s the one writing my life’s story. All of my days are written in His book before they come to pass so I must trust Him and what He is doing in my life. He knows what is best and I must rest in His will. The other thing that has helped me deal with my disappointment is by rejoicing in the Lord---thanking Him for all the blessings He gives me even the heavy, difficult ones like not going home for Christmas.

My small disappointment happened while I was tuning my new guitar. I was having a tough time tuning it because I did not have a good tuner and one of my strings popped. I had been so excited about playing it after a long time without a guitar and now here I was going to have to wait until I could order some more strings.

I find that it doesn’t matter if it is a small disappointment or a big one, we must deal with them the same way. Disappointments can become joy stealers if we let them, but if we fix our eyes upon the Lord we can turn them into a reason to thank and praise the Lord. He has a reason for everything and though we do not know all the “whys” we know the one who does. Trust the Lord and rejoice in Him through disappointments. Do not become discouraged and bitter, but let your heart be filled with thanksgiving to our all-knowing, loving heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To