18 November 2009

Work---With A Purpose

November 18, 2009

Whew! I am feeling worn ragged and it’s only Wednesday! Yesterday I had a very long work day---basically from 7am-12am. The boatswain’s mates on this cutter are relentless! At times I feel about ready to pop like a stretched out rubber band, but God sustains me moment by moment and gives me the strength I need. I’ve been learning a lot about work and worship---how they’re not two different acts done in different places and different clothes. Rather as a follow of Christ I should be living my life as a continuous act of worship---whatever I am doing, I should be doing it unto the Lord.

God is stretching me like never before; constantly challenging me in new ways and in ways I don’t like to be challenged. He loves me enough though to put me through pain so that I am refined and transformed into Christ’s image. I should not just look at work as “work” but as the opportunity that God is giving me to be made more like Christ, be a living testimony of how great God is by the way I work, and the very thing God is using to prepare me for going into missions. I struggle, but God is greater than my struggles. I am weak, but His grace is all I need. He is with me so I will not fear.

This is the battle I face momentarily---fighting for joy in Christ as I work and am far away from family. At times I don’t think I can go on and in fact would rather not go on, but Christ is faithful when I am faithless and does not leave me alone. He comforts me and holds me by His grace.

So today as I was sorting and resorting what seemed to be a million float jackets and moving them here and there, God gave me joy. I struggled, but He held me and brought me through the day. I pray that I pointed others to Christ as I worked today---He is the reason I am here. So I do have a purpose to the seemingly pointless work I am instructed to do. The biggest complaint I hear from other Seaman is that the boatswain’s mates have us do pointless work just to keep us busy---but I am not working pointlessly. I have a purpose in my work---a purpose from God. So I will not just work to get by, I will work with a purpose and do my best even when I am tired and weary---pray for me in this. God has placed me here on the Midgett to be Christ to these people. They need Him desperately and I am here to make Him known. I am here to glorify my Lord to this end I will labor. I am never just doing a pointless task---I always have a purpose in whatever I am doing because God has a purpose for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To