10 November 2009

Ever Seen Food Fly? # 9



November 9, 2009

Oh how very nice it is to be relaxing in my rack back in the grand city of Seattle! We pulled in to port around 3pm today after some smooth, fast sailing the day before. I do not know if it was the fact that we were going so fast or the seas got worse last night, but whatever it was I could hardly get a wink of sleep. The Midgett would roll one way and I’d be up against the wall. Then the it would be tossed the other way and I’d nearly be flying out of my rack! I could find a good position to get in that kept me from rolling around all over the place, but at least I was not sea sick. This morning was probably the funniest morning yet. As the cutter’s tossing and turning in the waves, people are in line for breakfast doing their best to keep from toppling over because of the waves. One second I’d see someone walking toward a table with a plate of food and the next thing I’d know is that the person’s plate is empty, and the food is flying across the mess deck! Drinks were spilling, people were slipping and sliding all over the place. I was in line and a huge wave came and the cutter made a dip so I slid back against the wall, and then it rocked the other way and here I’d go again. Life on a ship! Never a dull moment for sure.

As we came close, I threw line three over to the pier (I was so nervous I wouldn’t throw it high enough, but it made it across with out a problem…yay!). We were all decked out in float jackets and hard hats…it was definitely a cool experience!

I enjoyed visiting the Coast Guard Exchange and talking to my family later after escaping from the Midgett. All in all God certainly blessed me with an exciting day, filled with new experiences and challenges. He continually strengthens me and fills my heart with joy. One thing is though, I can’t just sit around waiting to feel that happy feeling well up in side of me…no God’s definition for joy is an action. So I rejoice, I give thanks, I cry and ask Him for help, I preach the Gospel to myself, and He supplies my needs. He gives me joy in sorrow, peace through storms, and smile on my face when I am weary. He is my all in all. Blessed be His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To