31 October 2009

The Teacher

October 30, 2009

I cannot even express what an encouragement it is to know that my friends and family are praying for me…and keep praying. God is teaching me so much, but He does not always teach His lessons in quiet, safe classroom settings…no He used storm tossed seas to teach the Disciples about His power and authority, He used hunger to demonstrate His compassion and His Father’s provision, He used sinners to carry out His plan, He used sickness, death and life, sin, sorrow and joy---all to teach His people and bring His Father glory. He sent His followers out as sheep among wolves---they were placed in the world but they were not of it. Jesus asked His Father to protect us---to protect us from the Evil One, not from pain, hurt, suffering, sacrifice, storms, sin, sinners, etc. Our souls---what matters---are safe and secure in Jesus.

These are comforting thoughts for me as I learn these good, tough heart lessons. God has assigned me my portion and my cup---He has placed me with unbelievers 24/7 (for the most part), which can be wearisome for my soul. Pray that I stand firm in Christ---that I remain steadfast to Christ yet follow in His example by being a friend of sinners. Christ will protect my soul, though it is weary, so I entrust it to Him to sustain and strengthen me to do His work---to be Christ to these lost sinners. Pray that I see them through Christ’s eyes, that I’d have the same compassion that Christ had for the “sick” (He did not come to the well, but to the sick---the ones in need), and that I’d leave all in Christ’s hands (worries, fears, etc).

The mission in front of me is not easy (Although I sure wouldn’t want it to be easy in the first place!), but I am spurred on by Christ and His example (Heb. 12:1-3). The joy He supplies me with is like dynamite in my soul and the hope I have in Christ is beyond words---I have the best mission in the world (we all do!) of sharing the best message ever! Christ died for sinners…we can come to the Father by His blood…in Him we can be free…Christ offers us life---ABUNDANT LIFE! Such a message is worth suffering to share, it is worth the weariness, it is worth the loneliness, it is more than worth anything I can undergo. It is message I am unworthy of, but can share because it is not based off my worth, but off Christ’s.

God is giving me opportunities to share my love for Him with the unbelievers around me through my actions and attitudes. More and more though, He is opening up doors of opportunity to share my faith through conversations with the new friends I am making. I struggle, but Christ is so faithful and patient with me. He is leading me by the hand and teaching me every step of the way, how to share Him with my coworkers and unbelieving friends. He is not an easy Teacher, but He is a good Teacher. May I be like Mary of Bethany who sat at Jesus’ feet, learning all she could from Him---may that same soft and teachable spirit be true of me as I continue down this path that God has placed me upon.

1 comment:

  1. II Corinthians 9:8 has been an encouragement to me lately..."And God is able to make ALL GRACE abound to you, so that always having ALL SUFFICIENCY in everything you may have an abundance for EVERY GOOD DEED!" The ONE Who has called you WILL enable you!

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To