11 October 2009

Now A Guardian

I am finally all finished with boot camp! Oh the lessons God taught me throughout the whole eight weeks is truly amazing. Right now I am home on leave for a few days and then I'll be flying up to where I'll be stationed on the Coast Guard Cutter Midgett in Seattle, Washington. I am savoring every moment I get to be home with my family...it's just amazing!

I'm planning on sharing all about my boot camp experience once I get settled in Seattle, but for now I wanted to share the passage in Scripture that God used to carry me through the past eight weeks. Psalm 27 was never far from my heart and mind especially as I was down in the push up position or lugging my huge sea bag around.

The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid...Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock...I would have lost heart if I had not believed that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD! --Select verses from Psalm 27

These verses were constantly running through my thoughts. God was my strength, He was the one sustaining me day by day, and every single day of the past eight weeks I know I have been held and carried by His grace.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That psalm was my treasure when my sister was in the hospital last year. What fantastic truth it holds!

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To