22 October 2009

An Unexpected Ride

October 21, 2009

So today after I got off work, I decided to be adventurous and get off base for awhile. I made my way by foot and by bus to a sub sandwich shop and bought dinner, then down the road to one of my coffee spots where I get free WI-FI. I enjoyed a hot cup of coffee and caught up with my e-mail and blogging.

Then after thoroughly enjoying my time out in downtown Seattle, I began my journey back to base---but things did not go as planned…

I caught a bus that got me part of the way back to base, but had to wait for a second bus to finish my journey. Another bus came around the corner after several minutes of waiting and I hopped on. All was well until it turned down the wrong road and got on the interstate…at this point in time, I realized I had got on the wrong bus. I sat in my seat thinking to myself, “Wow, what do I do now?” think, think, think…

I pondered many options at that moment in time as I watched my base pass by through the window. Panic and fear did enter my mind…I really was hoping I wouldn’t end up too far away. God had everything in His control of course and I made sure to leave that bus behind at the next stop. I called a taxi cab and got a ride back to my barracks.

All in all, I spent a little extra money today that I had not envisioned spending, but got to explore a part of Seattle Ii never would have seen apart from getting on the wrong bus. I was reminded once again of God’s complete and total control in my life and that sometimes His plan (most of the time) is not always the most direct and easy way to the destination we believe He is taking us too.

God definitely throws twists and turns into our lives to cause us to depend upon Him. The Christian life isn’t easy, but it’s worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To