24 October 2009

Never Alone

October 22, 2009

So I just finished eating a delicious treat of Turkish Delight and managed to get myself covered in powdered sugar! Another day down and I am still awaiting the Midgett’s return. I am learning to constantly cast my cares upon my heavenly Father who holds me safely in His hands.

I have been enjoying lots of time to read lately. It’s weird not having little siblings to play with in the evenings)-: But God has given me special times with Him in His Word. I have been reading through John in the evenings and in the mornings, I am making my way through the Prophets. The good, old hymn “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” holds a dearer and more precious meaning to me now that I have tasted what it is like to be in a big city away from friends and family. The truth stands firm that I do have a friend who sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 17:17)---Jesus is always with me; always at my side. I may be alone, but really, I am NEVER alone.

In this joyous promise---that Christ is always with me---I press on down this path that God has placed me upon. He sends His children joys and sorrows, He gives and takes away, and He is good. I will praise Him in the sunshine and in the rain! Praise Him with me!

October 23, 2009

The weekend has arrived! Now I am doing laundry, cleaning my room, and taking a moment to relax. I definitely feel a lot more comfortable here on base now than I did last week, and believe it or not I think I am finally catching on to saluting officers as I am walking down the street…sometimes I still forget if it’s morning or afternoon---that makes for an awkward pause!

God is so good and faithful to me. I have no right to complain---I can only rejoice in what He is doing in my life. All that to say, I wouldn’t consider it all fun. Living far away from home and missing family and friends is sure not fun, trying to adjust to a new city and job is not fun or easy, but through it all God is leading onward and taking me through each difficulty. He knows I need them and loves me enough to give them to me. So I rejoice that He is working on my character---not my comfort, drawing me closer to Himself---by taking away the props in my life, and showing me the depths of His grace and strength by showing me the depths of my weakness and neediness.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara-Grace,

    I came across your blog site because it popped up in my search for my book title "Never Alone." I read your biogrophy and wondered if you had heard of Wycliffe Bible Translators? It sounds like you might fit in well with their organization. Marilyn Laslo spoke at a youth specialties national convention one time and her stories of opening the Bible to a culture were amazing. God bless you as you continue to serve Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my blog...I hope it encouraged you. I have heard of Wycliffe...in fact I've been in contact with a Wycliffe recruiter, and really enjoyed finding out more info on Wycliffe. I'm not sure if I'll end up going with Wycliffe or not,but I look forward to see where God will lead me in the future. So are you a missionary with Wycliffe? I'd love to hear your story and what God has been doing in your life...here's my e-mail if you ever want to drop me a line: 1517.solagratia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To