24 October 2009

Shining the Light


I have spent the past week doing lots of exploring in downtown Seattle. It's been an exciting, scary, and amazing sort of experience since I have never lived in a big city before. My thoughts today, as I walked around downtown watching everybody rushing by turned to the hope I have in Christ, and how hopeless the people around me truly are. Just walking down the street, I am surrounded by all sorts of people---homeless people, businessmen, tourists, salesmen, street vendors, kids, teenagers, families, all sorts---and all without hope. These people are all searching for the answer to their problems, and what struck me today is the fact that I have the answer! Jesus Christ is the answer---He is what they need to fill the void in their lives and give them hope.

God has placed me here in a dark place. I am to shine the light of the Gospel and be Christ's witness---I can't conceal the joy I have in Christ and I can't hide the salvation He has given me. I have the answer! But that doesn't mean it is easy to shine for Christ---penetrating the darkness is not easy, but with Christ it is possible. As I fix my gaze upon Him, His light shines through me. I am not the light, but only a reflector of the Light. I can't be a witness of my precious Lord and Savior if I am not fixing my eyes and heart upon Him---I can only point to Him as I am looking to Him.

So I am challenged this week to be a reflector of the Light---to point to Jesus Christ and glorify His name. I am nothing---He is everything! May He receive the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To