05 March 2010

Midgett Advenutures~#31 Bravo Fire

February 26, 2010

Yesterday was a very busy and full day from morning till night. A great deal of the morning seemed to be spent boat lowering and painting different projects. We also had an all-hands drill. I started plotting for the first time, which means I was the one who took roll call and then kept track of everything that was going on. We have a book board that has a diagram of the boat on it and I write on it where the casualty is and where the fire boundaries are and so on. I had fun but was glad to have the usual plotter there to help me.

Later after lunch we moored up to offload sewage and trash. We spent a couple hours at the pier and then set off again once dinner was over. Then it was time for me to go on watch up on the lookout. Since we had been moored up I did not have to stand most of my watch and only had an hour left before I would be relieved. I noticed a whole lot of smoke coming out of our port stack and thought it was a little unusual. So I reported it down to the Bridge, but did not think much of it. I got of watch and was all settled in bed a half hour or so later when the general emergency alarm was sounded. I jumped out of bed and threw on my clothes and made my way to repair locker two. Everyone was very calm but very serious as we manned up and prepared to battle it out. Things went well and the fire was out in no time. My locker was all ready in no time. The fire team was dressed out, the investigators had done their jobs, the boundaries were set, I took muster, and things went rather smoothly.

The worst that came of the whole ordeal was that one of the boatswains mates crushed his finder in a door and had to be taken to a hospital because it was a compound fracture. God certainly was with us, protecting us the whole time even if most of them would never give Him glory. It was an exciting evening to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To