05 March 2010

Midgett Adventures~ #28 Not I but Christ

February 20, 2010

So I had another interesting/good conversation with one of my fellow Coasties on board the Midgett after dinner tonight. God continues to bring opportunities my way to share my faith, and lately it starts with them talking about how “good” I am. Well this certain friend of mine was going on about me having a “heart of gold”, but that most everyone else on the boat is crazy and you got to watch out for them and he went on about that for a while(this friend of mine is a real talker so it is hard to get a word in edge wise) . I felt so powerless to know what and how to share anything at all with him about my faith in Jesus Christ. I cried out to the Holy Spirit, “Oh give me words to speak to share my faith---to share Jesus.” The Holy Spirit graciously gave me an opportunity and the words to say at one point in the conversation. He was talking again about me being so good and I looked at him and said, “You wanna know why I am good? It’s not me, it’s Christ. I am no better than anyone else. It is Christ who makes me different.” I could and wish I had said so much more, but I know the Holy Spirit will continue to teach me what to say and when to say it and how to say it. He is my comforter and counselor.

So I praise God for these opportunities to share Him and I continue to pray that the those around me would not just see a “good person” but that they would see Christ. Pray for me that I would boldly proclaim the love of Him who has saved me and share the good news that has set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To