05 March 2010

Midgett Adventures~ #5 Bible Study, Helo Ops & Green Chili

January 21, 2010

So here is my update for what has been going on the past couple days. Yesterday seemed like a very long day of mess cooking, but God sustained my heart and got me through the day. After mess cooking I went to a Bible study that one of the other, Christian Coasties led. Seven of us showed up all together---it was so wonderful being with Believers, praying and studying God’s Word. And to top things off for this patrol we’re going through the Pleasures of God by Piper! God truly blessed me with such a wonderful, refreshing end to my day.

Tonight I have mids again so I got off work early, which is a nice break. I am planning to get some extra rest, study for my quals, and just enjoy a little down time. Earlier after lunch, the Midgett conducted “helo ops” (Helicopter operations). I am breaking in as a Tie Down Crewman (one of the people who runs out after the helicopters have landed and ties them down or unties them when they are leaving) so I had a front row seat so to speak. It was amazing! One of the Coast Guard’s Dolphin helos did some touch down ops for training purposes. I was all decked out in a blue, flight-deck jersey, blue life preserver, and a cranial (helmet with safety goggles and ear protection attached). I am going to try to track down some pictures to post here soon.

Later tonight before mids, a couple of my fellow cooks and myself are going to have a green chili eating contest to see who can take the most fire! I am looking forward to our contest. I’ll keep you updated on the turn out.

So overall, though it has been a stretching and somewhat exhausting week, God has truly blessed me with so much to thank Him for. He has filled my heart with joy, filled my life with friends, and filled my days with work (Believe it or not, work is good! ). I am so glad He’s my Father and that He loves me unconditionally.

Oh, I almost forgot to write that I also got my page seven today for inport security (The paper that says I am qualified to be a security watch stander)! So exciting! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To