05 March 2010

Midgett Adventures~ #4 Yes, I will Rejoice


January 19, 2010

Another day of mess cooking down and only a couple more weeks to go! I did have an amazing day though while I was mess cooking. I listened to a bunch of my Dad’s messages that I downloaded off the web before we set out. Oh, how good it was to be challenged and encouraged in the Word while working and doing what God has called me to do. I do complain a lot in my heart and wish I was enjoying the comforts of being close to home, but I have no right or reason. I am right where God wants me to be, doing exactly what He wants me to do. I may work long hours and do a whole lot of dishes, but God has so blessed me beyond what I deserve. He has given me some fun people to work with, messages to listen to, clothes to wear, food to eat, a bed to sleep in, a whole boat load of people to evangelize(!!!), and so much more.

Right now I am enjoying a few moments of thinking, reading, and writing before hitting the hay. I have another early morning awaiting me, but I am so glad I do not face any day alone. The Lord is always with me; comforting and encouraging me heavenward. I am also enjoying some amazing Arizona iced tea. I ran down to the “ship store” a little after I got off work and splurged a little. (You see here on the Midgett they have certain times when they open the “ship store”, which has candy, drinks, toiletries, and Midgett sweatshirts and t-shirts.)

Earlier today as I was washing dishes in the Scullery, I was thinking---what would I do if I found out that I would be stuck on the Midgett for the rest of my life working as a mess cook? Would I still be able to smile and find my joy in Christ? Would my heart be satisfied with Him or would I give up in despair? It sure would be a test of my affections to see where my treasure truly lies. Would I be able to say, “Blessed be the name of the Lord,” if all I hold dear and precious here on this earth was taken away from me, if I had to keep working as a mess cook, and if I was faced with such great disappointments? I know it would be tough if that happened, but my hope in Christ that this life is not the end and that someday I will be with Him is a beacon that shines bright in my heart. I am only a pilgrim on my way HOME. I guess I do not know what I would really do if all these wild things happened to me, but my prayer and hope would be that I would press on each day, knowing and rejoicing that I am held by grace---God’s grace.

Every Believer should examine what they’re finding to be their greatest treasure in life. Sometimes we’d want to say Christ, but that is not always the case. I know I too often say Christ is my treasure and then go out and live contrary to that. I place my hope and confidence in the things of this earth, in family, and friends. Life is not worth living without Christ. Without Him my heart would be empty and completely lost. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can not get through a day without the joy and strength He provides. He is the greatest treasure ever! So I want to press on today in His strength seeking Him above all things. And if everything in this life was stripped away, I would rejoice that I will always have Christ---my greatest treasure and pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To