05 March 2010

Midgett Adventures~ #19 Line Handling & Heart Handling


February 10, 2010

We moored up to Cherry Point, Canada again today to offload trash and sewage. I got a lot of practice with the lines today. I was secondary heave line thrower---one of the BM2s was the primary. We were having a hard time making it to the dock so when they gave the order for us to put over line two; we were still a good ways off with the wind against us. He threw his over but it did not make it---so I threw mine over but it did not make. We quickly pulled both heaving lines back in and made them up. He threw his and it made it but the people on the pier did not grab it in time and the wind rolled it right off again. So I threw mine over and roped the mirror of a truck! Next, I filled in as bit man for line one, making up the line on the bits into figure eights. I sure had fun even though it was a little stressful at the moment.

I began reading in Acts this morning. The joy and encouragement I receive from God’s Word is beyond words. He strengthens me for each new moment and reminds me that He is always at my side. He has me and He is not letting go! I have also been encouraged by a book I am rereading, “Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret”. Awesome book! It definitely is a must read kind of book.

Today I was thinking about all the things I am looking forward to when we arrive back in Seattle. I think a trip to Seattle’s Best would be amazing. Sit down with a nice tall cup of coffee, free wi-fi, face book, and get caught up on some blogging. Sounds good and I cannot wait! Yet I am so thankful that the Lord has given me the opportunity to be underway. I have been learning so much practically on the job as well as spiritually. God’s Word has become so much more precious to me these past several weeks, and I truly have been forced to rely upon Him in new ways. All the crutches I lean on for support have been knocked down. I do not have my Seattle’s Best to retreat to, my phone does not work so I cannot call home, I am stuck on this boat without a place to escape to, I do not have wi-fi. God has taken me back down to the basics…meaning that all I have to turn to for comfort and strength and help is His Word, which is the only true source of comfort and strength there is! And what amazing help and comfort I receive as I read the Bible! My soul is refreshed and replenished.

My challenge to myself, to all who read this blog, and to Believers everywhere is this: do not lose your first love! Do not get so busy with life that you forget how precious Jesus is, do not get so busy serving Christ that you forget to spend time with Christ, do not fix your eyes on earthly treasure when Jesus is the greatest treasure, and do not lose sight of the One who gave His all so that we can know Him. My prayer is that God does whatever it takes to make me like Jesus. He is my all, my treasure, my greatest good. I will and must be spent in this life for I am not my own. May I be completely and thoroughly spent for Jesus; poured out and broken for my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To