31 December 2009

Little Things


December 30, 2009 All glory goes to God alone, and here are the means He has used to shape me.
--
All the things that have made a difference in my life:

Parents who prayed for and with me~ When I was younger, I remember waking up and going to sleep to the sound of my parents praying together for all us kids. They took every opportunity to pray with us, whether we were going to church, the store, music lessons, or what have you, first we would always pray. Now they continue to pray for me even though I am out on my own, and whenever I call we always end our conversation in prayer. The little things do make a difference.

Parents who read God's Word to me~ All throughout my school years, my mom would always gather us kids together before a school day and read to us from the Bible. My dad would also take time after dinner to have us get our Bibles and sit and read them together as a family. At a very young age, I saw how important the Word of God was to my parents, and so it became important to me too.

Parents who demonstrated "Tough Love"~ My parents were faithful to discipline and correct me.

A Dad who made me dream~ My dad would always take time to talk to me about what I wanted to do with my life and how I wanted to serve the Lord when I got older. He encouraged me to go out of my comfort zone and reach for the stars. He was always there to give me advice---still is(-:---and help direct me.

A Mom who gave me "Back Scratches"~ I still look forward to “back scratches” from my mom when I go home on leave. She lovingly took care of all us kids and at the end of the day would give us back scratches. She showed us how to serve, to be kind to others, and to live selflessly.

There is so much more I could say, but I shall sum up my thoughts with this:
The little things we do today do make a difference in tomorrow, and little ones do see the little things done and it will impact their tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To