04 December 2009

Fun Times!

December 4, 2009

Another week has flown by. Work has been fun, challenging, and awesome this week. Yesterday I worked up on the stacks, wiping down and painting. I felt like I was getting ready to go rock climbing because I had to get in a harness and climb way up to the top of the Midgett. So here I was dangling over the side of the stack with my harness and a flimsy board to stand on. I am definitely making some head way in overcoming my fear of heights!

Then today I was up on top again just below the stacks, painting the top of the hanger---clipped in with my harness. Good thing too because at one point I slid down the side and was just chilling there for a while enjoying the view! I couldn’t really go anywhere until someone came to help me down with a ladder. Fun times!

God has sustained me this week with His grace and filled my heart to overflowing with His joy. I just can’t help but smile as I am painting and working because I am hidden in Christ and He loves me! He is holding me and giving me strength. He is awesome!

So as I close my blog post for this first week of December, I thought I’d end on a funny note. So most everyone who knows me knows how much I disdain animals especially dogs. Well, good news for all you animals lovers out there---the Coast Guard has changed my mind on this subject and I just can’t wait until I can get myself a dog of my own(-: It won’t be for a very long time, but someday…
Keep in mind though, I still do not consider myself to be an “animal lover” but I am looking forward to having a dog of my very own to take care of someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To