30 December 2009

Pressing Forward

December 30, 2009

God knew I needed to hear my dad’s message on Sunday---when you put your hand to the plow do not look back. God sent His Son into the world to save sinners, and Jesus---the Savior of sinners---has sent us into the world to make Him know. We are His lights in a dark world; we are to be the ones who shine His glory to those who hate Him. We must not shrink back in fear, but go forth in faith. The way is not easy or comfortable but it is the way of Christ---He stands in the midst of the fire and we are called to follow Him.

I was challenged, encouraged, and certainly convicted by my dad’s message. Challenged not to turn back---God is the one who led me to join the Coast Guard and leave family and friends behind for the sake of His name. I am on the Midgett for a reason; He has placed me here to be His light; to point to Him, and make His glory known. I must not look back now that I have put my hand to the plow---I must press on and live by faith.

Encouraged that living for Christ is not easy---I hate being separated from my family, from those I love, but I am encouraged that the pain I feel now is a part of God’s plan to make me more like Christ. I cannot follow Christ just so long as it is easy and comfortable for me---no, I am His and I want to be broken and poured out for Him. It hurts and at times, I cannot take another step, but it is Christ who keeps me going and gives me the strength to take each new step.

Convicted that I should not just stop at “not turning back”, but I should ever be pressing forward---I am back in Seattle, but it would be very easy to live half heartily and shrink back from serving the Lord by living in the “what ifs” and “if onlys” of life. I must not just be here on the Midgett, but I must put all of my heart into the work of the Lord---shining His glory here on the Midgett. I must not live in the shadows of my fears and sorrows, but I must live in the shadow of the cross of Christ reflecting the glory of the Lord.

Jim Elliot put it well, “Wherever you are, be all there.” This is my aim and goal to be all here on the Midgett, shining Christ to the people around me. This is my mission---pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the exhortation not just to get by but to flourish! Praying for us both to press on!

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To