02 January 2010

A New Year!


January 1, 2010

Not only is it the start of a new month today, but it is the start of a new year! God blessed me with a fun evening with friends from church last night as we celebrated the new year while playing Apples to Apples, UNO, and Catch Phrase. Looking back now, I cannot believe how fast this past year has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was saying that about 2008, and here I am saying it about 2009! Well, I do not know where the time went, but I am so thankful to the Lord that He has brought me to a new year and taught me so many precious lessons along the way.

Now as I look forward to all the Lord has in store for me this coming year, my prayer is that whatever He brings into my life---all the changes, challenges, joys, sorrows, etc.---I would turn them back into praise to Him. I want to be like Job who after going through great calamities did not curse God but blessed Him. Oh that I would spend less time complaining about life and more time rejoicing in Christ. I pray that this year, I would grow deeper in my love of Jesus and know His love and rely upon it. I do not want to settle for the status quo but live my life on the edge---being spent and poured out for my precious Lord.

I do not want to make the mistake of living my todays in tomorrow or wasting my todays in yesterday---I want to live every moment to its fullest for the glory of my Lord. May He be praised as I live my life. I am His servant and I have no greater joy than serving Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To