30 December 2010

Birthday Reflections

Well, I welcomed my birthday in today at the stroke of midnight as I stood JOOD (Junior Officer of the Deck) watch. It is hard to believe that a year has passed since I turned twenty, but as I look back over this year, I am amazed by all that God has been teaching me. I have spent about six months of this year underway, living side by side with unbelievers without a way of escape (or perhaps they were the ones who did not have a way to escape me…it is all a matter of perspective). God has taken me through valleys, and He has also leaded me to the heights as I have experienced both spiritual highs and lows. I feel as though He has been putting me through His own course of Evangelism 101.




Now (as everyone here is sure to inform me) I have reached the age of ultimate freedom…I am no longer constrained by age limitations (for the most part) and I can live and party it up big time. But little do they know that they are not free themselves, but rather they are slaves to their sin. I am no longer a slave to sin because I have been redeemed by Jesus’ blood. So I press on as Christ’s slave; His ambassador here. I am His light in this darkness, reflecting His beauty to the people here. And at times my heart is burdened and I feel like I cannot go on one more step, but Jesus gives me strength. His love is so great that He does not hesitate to hold my soul in the fire to refine and purify me to be made like Jesus. He etches His character into my soul, and it hurts but He fills me with a greater joy in knowing Him that far outweighs any pain.



So many people live for this fleeting moment in time, but soon it shall fade away. However my heart is set on eternity….so they fill their lives with comfort and pleasure now, but I press on for something greater for that which is unseen. We all expend ourselves for something. I will be spent no matter what I live for, but what I am spent for shall make all the difference in my life. I want to be spent for Jesus…I want my life to be consumed by an undying passion to glorify His name all the days of my life. I am now 21, and my mind is set, my purpose solid---In Christ I press on in faith, His praise is the theme of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Sara-Grace! I hope it was wonderful, and that you have a great New Year. We're praying for you, and hope to see you extra soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To