05 November 2010

Jesus, You Are My Treasure!

I wanted to share some of the things that God has challenged me with the past several days. How gracious and wonderful He is! He is faithful to make me more and more like Jesus (Philippians 1:6)! Each new day, I am more amazed by how precious my Savior is and how merciful He is to me. My sin is so great...BUT MY SAVIOR IS GREATER STILL!

We are in a constant battle...a battle not against flesh and blood, but a battle to fight sin and live for Jesus. This is not some imaginary battle that pastors and Sunday school teachers talk about in church on Sunday...it is SERIOUS because it is the fight of a Believer to treasure Jesus above all. God must be first in everything in our lives...He must be first in our thoughts, in our relationships with others, in our work, in our school, in our words, in our motives, in our dreams, in our goals...IN EVERYTHING! The Holy Spirit has convicted me of this sin...because even though I want Jesus to be first, often times I do not make Him first. I become lazy and comfortable...I become distracted and take my eyes off Jesus and then I slip beneath the waves like Peter, but praise be to Jesus that He is gracious and merciful and saves sinners like me! So I am challenged to press on today, fighting sin, making God first in everything, enjoying Him, glorifying Him with my life, taking every though captive to the obedience of Christ...yet I can do absolutely nothing, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Jesus is my treasure!!!! My heart is overwhelmed by His love and grace.
So I shall close for now...but this is the work God is doing in my life.

Lord Jesus, You are my treasure! You are the best thing in my life. Apart from you, my life is empty and worthless. You are the Spring of Living Water; in You is fullness of joy! I will follow after you...do whatever it takes to make me like You, Jesus. Blessed be Your Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To