01 January 2011

November 29, 2010

November 29, 2010



This morning the USCGC Midgett set out on a patrol, heading down south; and so begins the start of my third patrol. It is hard to believe that we are already heading out again because it feels like we just arrived back here Seattle not so long ago. I am excited about this patrol because I know that God is going to do mighty things and teach me many lessons, stretching me in my faith and reminding me to ALWAYS trust in Him.


We had a few delays this morning that caused us to leave a couple hours later than we had planned. Our engineers had to work on fixing a major lube oil leak before we could start our cruise down the pacific. Things cleared up and we pulled out of Seattle after lunch. I finished the work day with some odd jobs here and there: securing things for sea, searching for a flag, velcrowing a thermometer so it will not fall out of its box, and other fun things of that sort. After sixteen hundred, I studied a little of my boat crew packet, worked on learning French (Bonjour! Ca va?), and ate dinner. Tomorrow I have 0400-0800 watch, so I’ll be getting up around 0245 to get ready for that…so an early morning for me! I enjoy the early morning watches though, because the boat is all quiet and everyone is sleeping.


So now I am having my cup of tea before bed, and I am going read my Bible.


So my new adventure has just begun, and I do not know what God has in store, but I know that His hand leads and guides me forth as He sustains me by His grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To