09 April 2010

My Heart Is Set

April 6, 2010

Recently I have been reading a biography about Mary Slessor who was a missionary in the late 1800s. She had such passion and love for the people of Calabar, Africa. She pressed on amidst great challenges and difficulties to tell the people there about Jesus. Oh how I want my life to be spent doing the same thing! I want to go to Africa and tell the people there about Jesus. I want to share with the lost that they can be forgiven and know Jesus too. God has people in Africa---the harvest is ripe in the field---and I want to be one of the laborers!

Missions is not the same as it was 100 years ago when the missionaries took their caskets with them to the field, but the heart of missions should never change. As for me, I may not take a casket with me, but I fully intend to be spent and poured out for the people of Africa. I want to lay down my life for them that they may know Jesus. So my prayer today is that God would prepare me for the work He has already planned for me to do and that He would give me a love for the people He will send me to. I really struggle with compassion and having a selfless-love for others with no strings attached. But God is able to work in my heart---uprooting sin and making me into the vessel that can best be used by Him for His glory.

My heart is set, my mind made up, and my soul determined to share Christ with those who have never heard, to go where no one else wants to go, to shine the Gospel’s light in the dark, and to be broken for my God in a foreign land. What is more, I have the joy of holding God’s Word in my hands and reading it whenever I want…I must share what God has given me and I long to give the people in Africa God’s Word so they can hold it in their hands and read it for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Destroying Our Idols

God's Will or Your Own?

THE MISSION

THE MISSION

Written for my family as they move to Cameroon, Africa to share Jesus love with the people there.

Rejoicing in all God has done.
In your lives, I see Him displayed
As your greatest treasure of all;
Your mission: to proclaim His name.

Fix Your eyes on Christ…Run hard to the goal.
Consider the work He has done, He has saved your souls!



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Cheering you on as you go
As you make much of Jesus today,
Considering all else as loss
Compared to the Savior’s name.

Fight the battle of faith…stand firm in Christ.
Trust Him with all of your heart, give Him your life.



Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD BY GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Praying for you in my heart.
May God’s sustaining grace push you on
To follow Christ outside of the camp,
Calling the nations to join the song!

Jesus is mighty to save
For while yet sinners He died in our place.
Shout---shout His praise For He has given us grace!


Press on, HOPE IN GOD…IN HIS HANDS you are safe. UNDER HIS WINGS…you are held---
you are HELD IN HIS GRIP OF GRACE.
Take up your cross, follow Christ, let His praises resound.
Be BROKEN AND SPILLED OUT
as you journey HOMEWARD BOUND.


Take the Adventure

Waite Memories

More Like Christ Music

More Like Christ Music
CLICK ME!

A Message All Believers Must Listen To